Google Summer of Code Student Application
Ideally, before applying for a GSoC idea you should contact the respective mentor(s) for the idea to discuss the idea, its requirements and so on. A good application will require the following items:
Student Application Template
- University / current enrollment
- Short biography / overview of your background
Explain what you want to achieve
- Why have you chosen your development idea and what do you expect from your implementation?
How do you plan to achieve it?
- How much time do you plan to invest in the project during and after the Summer of Code (we expect full time 40h/week during GSoC)?
- Please provide a schedule of how this time will be spent on subtasks of the project.
Why should we choose you?
- What makes you suited to carry the project?
- Were you involved in other open-source projects in the past? Which, when and what was your contribution?