Welcome to CRIU, a project to implement checkpoint/restore functionality for Linux in userspace.
Checkpoint/Restore In Userspace, or CRIU (pronounced kree-oo, IPA: /krɪʊ/, Russian: криу), is a software tool for Linux operating system. Using this tool, you can freeze a running application (or part of it) and checkpoint it to a hard drive as a collection of files. You can then use the files to restore and run the application from the point it was frozen at. The distinctive feature of the CRIU project is that it is mainly implemented in user space.
- Usage scenarios
- Ideas how criu can be used (some are crazy indeed)
- Collection of real world examples of how to use CRIU. Some are complex, some are not. HOW TO dump a simple loop might be the best one to start with. Also a set of asciinema records for real-life examples.
- Collection of pages about CRIU's API.
- When C/R fails
- A sort of troubleshooting guide
- What can change after C/R
- CRIU cannot (yet) save and restore every single bit of tasks' state. This page describes what bits visible through standard kernel API are such.
- What cannot be checkpointed
- What an application could do to make CRIU refuse to dump it.
- Ways to communicate with CRIU community
If you're interested in CRIU development, please subscribe to the criu mailing list: https://lists.openvz.org/mailman/listinfo/criu
- Description of image files format
- CRIU can call plugins provided by people
- Upstream kernel commits
- Mainline kernel commits tracker
- Recent commits
- CRIU tool repository commits
- Kernel's manpages commits tracker
- ZDTM Test Suite
- Zero downtime test suite
- Current TODO list
- User namespace
- Implementing user namespace support
- What to keep in mind when writing new code
- Code coverage results
- Shows how zdtm run covers the criu code paths
- 2022-02-16, Singularity: Planet-Scale, Preemptible and Elastic Scheduling of AI Workloads
- 2020-04-30, Balancing efficiency and fairness in heterogeneous GPU clusters for deep learning
- 2020-03-17, Edge Computing -- the Case for Heterogeneous-ISA Container Migration
- 2019-10-03, Fast In-Memory CRIU for Docker Containers
- 2019-09-24, Using Container Migration for High Performance Computing (HPC) Workloads Resilience
- 2019-09-11, Performance Estimation of Container-Based Cloud-to-Fog Offloading
- 2016-03-24, Физтех.Радио: https://vk.com/wall-24086381_35574
- 2015-07-17, DevZen podcast: Episode 50
- 2015-06-17, DevOps Дефлопе: #021 - нет больше CP и AP
- 2015-04-29, FLOSS Weekly: #334 CRIU
- 2014-08-02, Radio-T: #433
- 2014-12-22, Software Development podcast: SDcast #15
- 2014-12-04, DevOps Дефлопе: 015 - Из самого сердца Докера