Difference between revisions of "Time namespace"
|Line 19:||Line 19:|
Revision as of 03:35, 13 August 2018
Two things (for now) we want to solve with this:
- Shift timer's offsets
- Make start-time remain "unchanged" after C/R
- Continuous flow of monotonic time (CLOCK_MONOTONIC).
What about other kinds of counters like perf events and trace events?
Required in RFC
- REALTIME offsets
- COARSE times
- RAW time
- vfs modification/creation time should work
- utime()/utimes()/futimesat() (with times == NULL)
- utimensat()/futimens() - with UTIME_NOW
- btime in /proc/stat (used by pstools)
- starttime in /proc/pid/stat
- arm64/arm32/s390/power64 - add archs vvar support
- Adjtime (too complicated for PoC)
- Cpu time for thread/pid/pgid (times())
- /proc/stat ticks? (top uses them e.g.)
- pid creation time (probably different unrelated API)
- clock_tai - if we care about isolation from host's time