We had an idea to validate patches in a mailing list. For that, we need to have a way to get a whole patch series, apply them to the clean criu repo and execute our tests. Patchwork helps us to solve the first sub-task here.
How does it work
- The criu-patchwork-list jenkins job is executed periodicaly
- It lists all new patch series and triggers criu-patchwork jenkins job for them
- The criu-patchwork job applies a series to the clean criu repo and push it to github
- Mr Travis execute tests for all new changes on github
- The criu-patchwork-list job set a status for the series accoding with test results and patchwork sends a notification if the status isn't positive.
git-pw - a command line tool. It allows to list patches and to apply them to a local repo.
And you need to add a few lines into the git config:
[patchwork "default"] url = https://patchwork.criu.org project = criu