Two things (for now) we want to solve with this: # Shift timer's offsets # Make start-time remain "unchanged" after C/R # Continuous flow of monotonic time (CLOCK_MONOTONIC).
What about other kinds of counters like perf events and trace events?
Required in RFC==
selftests to test all we've added * TIME_NS iffdefery everywhere ==Maybe later== * CLONE_NEWTIME reuses the last free flag from sys_clone() - any way to still keep extensibility for the syscall?
* arm64/arm32/s390/power64 - add archs vvar support (nit: big/little-endianess for timespec::nsec)
** COARSE times
* Adjtime (too complicated for PoC)
* Cpu time for thread/pid/pgid (times())
* pid creation time (probably different unrelated API)
* clock_tai - if we care about isolation from host's time